Monday, February 20, 2012

Jesus Calling...

Sarah Young is the well-known author of many different daily devotionals...including Jesus Calling.  I recently purchased this devotional, along with Take My Heart Oh God, based on several recommendations.  While I was at the store, I also found that there is also a Jesus Calling Devotional Bible, which I also purchased!  I have truly enjoyed diving deep in God's word and learning something new every day.  

This afternoon, I found that I was telling myself, "Jesus is Calling but you're sending His calls to Voicemail".  I became very upset over this realization.
  
Why am I ignoring His phone calls?  

How can I expect to have a relationship with someone if I never answer His call??

I have recently been dealing with a "human relationship", as Sarah calls it, and this has caused me to think even more about my relationship with Jesus.  If I invested even half as much time and energy into my personal relationship with Jesus Christ as I do with this guy, can you imagine how amazing my relationship with Him would be? 

If every time my text message tone was heard...that I ran to see what Jesus was saying?  What He was calling to talk about.  Instead, I find myself spending most of my day thinking about this BOY! 

Jesus definitely spoke to me through Sarah's book today.  It says, "...You will not find lasting peace in the world around you, in circumstances, or in human relationships..." Wow! No wonder I can't find peace when thinking about a human relationship...the only place that I can EVER find the peace that I want in my life is to live through Him.  
To worship Him.  
To talk to Him.  
To answer His calls! 

As if He hadn't made his point, I turn to today's devotion in Take My Heart Oh God and find this amazing prayer at the bottom..."Help me to understand that pain teaches me more about YOUR love, dear Lord".  

So I had to ask myself, all the pain that I have felt over relationships in the past month was all to teach me about His true love?  

Many times I think that females get so wrapped around what society wants us to think about how our relationships with guys should be like.  I mean, who doesn't want a "Noah" or a "Leo" (I love the Notebook and the Vow!)??  But what we should be wanting and striving to find is a relationship like what Jesus can offer us! The most amazing kind of love that ANY girl could ever want. 

I recently found this on Pinterest and it is a quote that I am looking forward to living by...

Psa. 27:14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley. I enjoyed reading your post. My dad always told me "How can you expect someone else to be happy with you if you aren't happy with yourself?". I think it was to encourage me to find out what I needed to do for Him and not what I wanted to do. Of course I was stubborn and often times did what I wanted. Stay on this path with doing what He wants you to do and you'll be blessed for it in every aspect of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I have definitely learned that I have to worry about making myself happy before I can be happy with anyone else! I hope that you continue to follow and I look forward to everything that this blog brings. :)

      Delete