Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dreams

I am updating my blog from my phone tonight because I left my computer in my car (which is too far away for me to walk to right now!!). 

I have been trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to blog about next because I feel as though Jesus has really been speaking to me in MANY different ways over the past couple of days. As I read through my devotions Saturday morning, before going to Winder to watch a basketball game with my family, I found myself sitting in tears because I felt as though Jesus was screaming at me through these books! Not screaming at me in a "bad" way but unveiling things to me that I really needed to be challenged with. 

The first thing that He was revealing to me was something that made me feel so special!  In Jesus Calling, Sarah Young writes about how "secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things". I always want to know what the future holds for my life. I want to know if I should continue to teach in Gainesville. Should I move home. What should I do with the rest of my life. When will I get married. Will I ever get married. These are all things that I wonder about. After reading this devotion on Saturday, I came to feel special because what Jesus is saying is that He know what my future looks like but He is only going to tell me a little at a time. I thought about it as being on a "need to know" basis! Doesn't that make you feel special? To know that you are so important that Jesus is going to "let you in" on His secrets! Many of you know all the struggles that I have gone through over the past year and that most of those struggles could have been prevented if I would have just put my trust in Jesus Christ and allowed Him to guide my future. 

The second thing that Jesus revealed to me is that "dreams have no expiration date". This realization goes hand-in-hand with the previous point because it deals with my future. 
In Joshua 14:6-13 you read of the story of Caleb, who chose to trust in the Lord when others were not following Him. And because Caleb chose to follow the Lord Jesus Christ wholeheartedly, he was blessed with the land of Hebron. Just as Caleb chose to follow Jesus and not doubt Him, we should choose to also follow. Not just follow when we want to or when things are going good; we should choose to follow Him  ALWAYS! "Take My Heart Oh God" writes about how dreams do not have an expiration date. Many times God has placed desires in our hearts and many times this is where our dreams come from. It's not bad to have dreams but we should make sure not to get upset with God when our dreams don't come true when or how we want them to. "Life's unexpected circumstances come as no surprise to God. Instead, you may find that God is moving you toward a dream perfected for you--better than you have imagined."  Doesn't that calm that feeling inside you that makes you anxious about the future? As I read this, I felt at ease to know that when something unexpected happens, it is part of God's plan and He may be moving me in a better direction...better than I could ever imagine! Wow! Isn't God good??

I leave you with this: "Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go." -Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment