Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm Alive...


Wow! It has been a LONG time since I last blogged.  I am going to try and do a much better job at blogging starting…NOW! I have been very busy with my time off.  I have been in 2 weddings, attended 4 and still have 3 more before the summer is over! I have also been on 2 family vacations and have thoroughly enjoyed my first summer off from being a teacher.  I have been working a little at a time on “classroom stuff” and am starting to get excited about getting in my classroom and setting everything up!

Over the summer, I have been given the opportunity to see several of my friends more than I usually do, which makes me VERY HAPPY! I have also been given the opportunity to expand my leadership within my sorority as an alumnus and couldn’t be more excited. 

Ok, so first things first! The first wedding that I attended/was in, was my college roommate and sorority sister Bekah.  She married her college sweetheart, Justin, in Cleveland, GA at Densmore Farm.  I couldn’t have been more honored to be able to stand with her as she married Justin! Although it was blazing hot (record highs for the beginning of the summer), it was a beautiful rustic wedding.  She was so happy throughout the day and into the night and I could tell that she was living out her fairytale! We (bridesmaids) were also given the opportunity to stay in a gorgeous cabin in the mountains of Cleveland, GA and it was great to be able to hang out together that weekend. 






The second wedding that I attended for the summer was Whitney Speed James’.  Whitney is a friend that I met sophomore year of college and she is one of the most genuine individuals I know.  She is so sweet and precious and her wedding could not have been more sweet and precious! I can honestly say that it was the most precious and personal wedding ceremony that I have ever witnessed.  Whitney and Cameron are perfect for each other and their ceremony portrayed the Christian foundation that they each have and will continue to have together.  It literally brought tears to my eyes! Oh, and her Father-Daughter Dance was AMAZING! I am hoping that someone has that thing on video! 





The third wedding that I attended was Mrs. Caroline Jackson Mott’s.  Caroline is one of my sorority sisters and college friend.  Caroline was married in Gainesville, GA at the Civic Center and it was a very pretty wedding.  I don’t think that I have ever danced as much as I did that night! I loved how many young attendees there were (and how many old people danced with us)! I loved getting to see Caroline walk down the aisle.  I also enjoyed getting to re-unite with some of my sorority sisters that I had not seen in awhile. 




The fourth wedding that I attended/was in was my freshman and sophomore college roomie, Sherika.  Sherika and I met on freshman move-in day and were random roommates.  At first we were a little worried because we didn’t know each other but we soon found that we were instant friends! When Sherika got engaged, 2 years ago, she called me from the beach to tell me and to ask if I would be her maid-of-honor.  I could not be more excited and I quickly said yes!! It was a long 2 years but I have to say that we made a pretty good team! Her wedding was everything that she could have dreamed of and her honeymoon was even better!! I loved being able to spend the week before her wedding with her in her hometown and getting to be involved in all the preparations.  I have learned so much about how to plan a wedding by being involved in her wedding! 



As far as weddings go…I have 3 more to go.  One sorority sister, one sorority sister/Little, and one sorority sister/BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD! Whew! That’s a lot of weddings! 

Autumn and Brett




Melissa and Frank




Melea and Jesse





Now, tomorrow, I can’t wait to tell you about the leadership opportunity that I have been given with my sorority and about what the Lord has shown me this summer!

Oh…and I also CANNOT WAIT for Opening Ceremonies tomorrow for the 2012 London Olympics!!! The Summer Olympics are my ALL TIME FAV! 


No comments:

Post a Comment